Monday, October 20

three days and counting...

there's no doubting it...my house is going to 'pot'...'noodle and doodle' aren't helping either, keeping our #4's bedroom door shut to protect their little souls from a feline visit is causing a awful lot of 'stinky' build up inside his four walls...

but i don't have time to worry about such things...i have no time for cleaning toilets, sweeping up dog hair, wiping kitchen sides, washing underpants, feeding hungry mouths, standing on soccer sidelines, deodorizing stinky 'mieces' and all those other 'delights' that fill my waking hours...no, i only have time for focusing on my shop update...

i managed one slip over the weekend and to update the banner in my little shop...


not quite the 'amount of tasks' i was hoping to accomplish.
that means i need to pull off nothing short of a miracle over the next three days.
my list goes as so...

1: 'swat up' on Etsy's latest rules and regulations (there's been a lot of changes since i was last there)
2: make 'last but not least' cushion cover
3. finish off two full slips
4. try and pull 'out of the hat' four half slips
5. wash and dry customized slips
6. photograph and catalogue 'slips' and 'cushions' ready for thursday
(this bit makes me want to weep...my camera doesn't like close ups...and now i'm actually prepared to read the manual, i can't find it...sod's law)
7. start listing items on Etsy at 10:00am pacific time knowing i will be as slow as a snail and hoping with a bit of luck by dinner time, something will have appeared...

i'm not popping by again until wednesday, i need to get some stitching done and of course i happen to have a 'hair appointment' booked for tomorrow, which if i cancel will be another month before i can be fitted in...and quite frankly my 'gray' roots can not be left a minute longer...what's a girl to do...

she thinks we can all see where Tif's priorities are ~ Tif
footnote: "get a grip, Tif" i hear you shout "it's only a little shop update"...thank you dear readers for your sensible words of wisdom...

8 comments:

Michelle said...

know too well about the hair appointment problems...i can't even remember when my last one was...thats just scary...i've resorted to home dyes, so sad...i think i could manage one before christmas...here's hoping...
your update will be spectacular...

Anonymous said...

Tif, I'm so excited for you to open your shop again!

I was going to agree with 'Big Bucket Girl' in the other post, I need a miracle to fit into a slip in just a few days! No matter, they're still gorgeous eye-candy. I can't wait to see your creations. I admire the work you do, so much, and you're such an inspiration. Best of luck getting everything ready, and setting up again!

~ Jennifer

Francesca said...

well, i wasn't going to say that exactly but i was going to say don't panic! you can list things gradually...slips one day, cushions the next maybe. i'm rooting for you! x

Louise said...

Oh go get your hair done and enjoy the time out. I'm sure people won't mind if you are a couple of days late. Can't wait though!!

Gigibird said...

Get your roots sorted Tif because when you look in the mirror and there is no grey stripe staring back at you all will be well with the world….

Like the new shop banner by the way.

Unknown said...

hi tif,
now i know this probably isn't the best time but i've tagged you... :) and this post looks a bit like a tag post already... hmmm...
love your new banner btw :)
cheers,
emma
x

Unknown said...

Hi Dottie,
I know how important it is to make goals for yourself - otherwise it's so easy to procrastinate. I like making a list and checking things off as I go along - but other times I just wing it! Either way - I can't wait to see what you've cooked up - I hope when you're done you get that awesome feeling of accomplishment and all is well in your creative world!

Prudence said...

Our house goes into the exact same state whenever I'm rushing about to get an etsy update completed. Four kids, multiple creatures, and all! Oh, and my hair - yes. Dirty and pulled into a ponytail, same t-shirt on for the third day in a row, kids with no underwear to wear, etc. etc. Your new slips are lovely by the way - congrats on your long awaited update. xo